Outside and around the building, particularly within the part-Trust owned car park, new improved signage at the car park entrance and on the side wall of the Museum across the yard are clear to see.
The newly erected spear-pointed fence panels and gates around that part of the Station car park owned by the Trust are now creating much improved security for the platform, more parking spaces whilst improving the ambience of the location.
Meanwhile, cycle stands have been erected to the station forecourt, they are now being used not only for their principle purpose, but also to deter irresponsible parking, that otherwise takes place.
The Station entrance doors have benefited from an automatic door entry system affording disabled persons easy access to the Booking Hall, the Pharmacy together with the tourist information material on display. This are also includes details of the CHR project with displays, their programme for the year, membership and fund raising opportunities within the railway.
Buffers and the CHR shop are manned on running days and affords good space for special events which are growing in number, type and popularity (see left). There have been a number of performance based events too, generating much needed funds.
Period enamel signage has recently appeared to reflect the 1950’s image CHR are aiming to incorporate within the railway, but more are required. So, if you were wondering what to do with that old sign in the garage, then please do not hesitate to donate to our Station Building!